Back in V3,0 I added a shedload of tests for the individual functions for filtering and resolution.
Then we folded up the Attribute Filter name spaces
Then we folded up the Attribute Resolver name spaces
In each case I left 99% of the old parsing tests in place and introduced a single new file for the new namespace. This was fine because the code is effectively unchanged.
In V4 we will be removing all the deprecated name spaces, but we would be throwing the baby out with the bath water if we just removed all the tests in the deprecated space.
So as a background task I now need to invert things, such that all the functional tests are in the non deprecated (flattened) name spaces and we leave one test in the old deprecated space.