An important motivation behind the transcoder work was to get away from having to have a specific encoder (and hence AttributeDefinition ) for every attribute release.
In order for this to be useful we need to allow Data Connectors to "release" attributes directly - rather than the current mechanism in which they are only available as data dependencies.
The user experience is
- exportAttributes="Attribute Name List" or exportAllAttributes="boolean" added to the data connector.
- Data Connectors add there attribute to the result bucket AFTER attribute resolution (may or may not be documented)
- If we discover during attribute resolution that an attribute has already been defined (either by an attribute definition or by previous data connector resolution)
- Issue a warning specifying the Data Connector and Attribute ID
- Drop the data conector attribute
- we might allow this to be turned into a failure
- Attributes released from a data connector are not suitable for display (meaning consent flows)
- They will have a autogenerated names in the "en" locale only. Possible with warning text too.
- As far the rest of the flows are concerned, these look just like attributes coming from an attribute definitions. Specifically
- Any interaction with Requested Attributes (explicit or implicit)