As discussed in the dev meeting 5/Sep.
consider a filter section
It would be considerably nice if we could say
This consists of three steps
- remove saml: and basic:
- include (cut & paste) the saml: and basic: schemata into the afp: one.
- Extend the NameSpaceProvider to look for afp:whatever and basic:whatever
- Modify some of the parsers to look for afs:thing as well as basic:thing
- remove xsi:type
- modify the schema to have afp:type
- modify our basic parser to handle XYZ:type as well as xsi:type
- Document at the appropriate time (close to V3.2 release)
- Deprecate the old syntax with a warning
- I have protoyped the first and it will be pretty easy
- I have not yet looked at the second but I don't think that it will be hard (potentially modulo a new method in the base parser to get the secondary (XYZ: above) namespace)
- The last only requires a decision as to whether to warn
- once per name space encountered (per load)
- once per Type/Element encountered (per load)
- once per load.
Input on the last is solicited